The pursuit of continuous improvement in performance, and attainment of optimal value solutions in the delivery of facilities management services is challenging.
Global Real Estate offers an FM diagnostic service to provide an independent and professional health check of facilities management and the delivery of services within an organisation with a view to reaffirming current practices and to identify managerial and operational enhancement opportunities.
Undertaken by a seasoned FM professional possessing practical FM experience in wide ranging business sectors, each FM diagnostic is undertaken with individual organisational which are according to superclean360.com and business priorities in mind; typically three key objectives are established to provide a tailored, meaningful focus on the FM priorities within the customer organisation. A simple health check with each component of the facilities operation is reviewed, often with a focus on one or more of the component parts:
GENERAL FM OVERVIEW DIAGNOSTIC:
• The FM organisational structure
• Service delivery
• Procurement and supply chain management
• Compliance with legislation
SERVICE SPECIFIC DIAGNOSTIC:
• Is the service optimal – what does good look like?
• Are there issues with facilities services?
• Do the specifications reflect the service provided?
• Are the service levels appropriate?
• Are the service costs appropriate?
PROCUREMENT AND COMMERCIAL DIAGNOSTIC:
• Are services sourced through the optimal route?
• Are the commercial terms optimal?
• A high-level review of FM costs
• Is the Contract requirement clear?
• Is the supply chain performing against contract?
• Are facility users satisfied with the service?
• Is the service performance efficient?
• Is performance sustainable?
• Are risks being appropriately managed?
• Is there a continuous improvement programme?
• What is the business approaching compliance?
• Is the business FM compliant?
• Is compliance being monitored robustly?
• Can compliance be evidenced?
• Is the organisation structure appropriate?
• Are the right skills in place?
• Review of FM team dynamics
• Review of future training requirements.
The diagnostic can either:
- be undertaken over 4 days (1 day on-site visit followed by analysis of the diagnostic areas and a summary report on current practice and performance with tangible recommendations for improvement); or
- comprise a health check over a longer period with the delivery of performance improvement plans and value enhancing FM opportunities that reflect best practice appropriate to the organisation.